The panther became Cartier’s symbol in 1914, after Louis Cartier, grandson of watchmaker and founder Louis-François, commissioned a painting called “Lady With Panther” from the Deco-era illustrator George Barbier. But it wasn’t until 1983 that the company introduced the Panthère de Cartier ladies’ watch, a chain-link bracelet that became a staple of the Reagan years. Discontinued in the early 2000s, the cultish timepiece is being reintroduced in a range of metals, including this yellow gold version that instantly evokes wide-shouldered suits and power lunches.
A Power Watch Returns
This post was originally published on this site