Four bedrooms, two bathrooms, 3,392 square feet
This 1750 home, on 1.25 acres, retains some original elements, including paneling, wide pumpkin-pine floors and ceiling beams. Etchings in the wood in the attic appear to be from its original owner, Maj. James Barrett, son of Col. James Barrett who engaged British forces at the North Bridge in April 1775.
Agents: Betsy Keane Dorr and Gail K. Keane, Barrett Sotheby’s International Realty
Whitpain Township, Pa.
Seven bedrooms, four bathrooms, 5,829 square feet
This home, built in 1736, is believed to have been used as George Washington’s headquarters for a short time during the war. In addition to the main house, the 22-acre property has a five-bedroom, 1890 stone home, a guest house, a pool and a 3-hole golf course. It overlooks the Wissahickon watershed preserve.
Agent: Linda Baron, Linda Baron, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Fox & Roach Realtors
Five bedrooms, 5½ bathrooms, 8,559 square feet
The main house was created from two dismantled, moved and restored 18th-century homes—one built in 1770 and the other in 1786—by its owner, musician Daryl Hall. It has nine fireplaces and an indoor pool. One home was owned by Capt. Oliver Hanchett, who fought at the Battle of Bunker Hill. Other structures on the 432-acre property have a total of six bedrooms and five baths.
Agent: Brian McGrath, McGrath Realty